Current Status: I’ve completed my New Zealand Working Holiday experience and returned home in mid-March 2020, just before the lockdown in New Zealand.
I started off in June 2019 in Christchurch, proceeded to Wanaka and then Alexandra (Central Otago) before going up to Motueka. I worked in 6 different jobs and spent more money than I earned. Feel free to IGDM me (@flyhoneystars) or email me firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any help or advice.
Here’s a list of posts that I have written:
- Getting the Visa (Timeline)
- Preparation: Things to do, Air Tickets, Insurance, Bank Account, IRD etc.
- Suspending Singtel Mobile Line
- Jobless in Winter, and I found something eventually
- Working in a Plant Nursery – Working Holiday New Zealand
- Working in a Ski Resort – Working Holiday New Zealand
- Working in Orchard – Apricot Thinning
- Working in a Vineyard – Shoot Thinning, Bud Rubbing, Wire Lifting
- Working in a Cherry Packhouse
- Working in Talleys – Mussels Opening
[Other Useful things]
- NZ Mobile Plan – Skinny Review
- New Zealand – Grocery Shopping Prices
- Environment Sustainability – What we can learn from New Zealand
- Working Holiday New Zealand – Deals, Promotions and Discounts
- Finding Accommodation in New Zealand
- My love-hate relationship with car ownership
- How Much Can You Earn?
- How Much did I Spend?
- New Zealand South Island 12-day itinerary
I wrote this more for my own memories than it being a ‘guide’, so it contains more emotions and thoughts, rather than useful stuff. You can read about my ups and downs of the journey so far.
[Ask me Anything]
This will be updated when.. people start asking me questions. Feel free to buzz away!